1. Which podcast(s) did you listen to?
I listened to the National Geographic podcast from podcast.com. It was very interesting and educational. Where else but National Geographic can one learn about a 10-pound frog the size of a beach ball that was found Madagascaar?
2. Which of the directories did you find easiest to use?
Podcast.com was definitely the easiest directory to navigate and use. I was unable to figure out how to get the podcast.net podcasts to play, (though it could have been an issue with my computer or network firewall,) and the podcast content on podcast alley looked questionable. With Yahoo Podcasts I was not sure if all of my search results were actually podcasts. Educational Podcast directory looked promising, but again I was unable to play any of the podcasts.
3. Has this Thing inspired you to do any podcasting yourself or to subscribe to a podcast to listen to it regularly?
I tried Gcast to create my own podcast, and it was fun! I can see myself podcasting in the future, but I was not impressed with all of the advertising on Gcast. I will have to obtain my own podcasting equipment and produce and publish podcasts for myself.
Seeing all the different categories of podcasts available made me feel inspired and a bit overwhelmed at the same time. On one hand, these podcasts offer another venue for exploring a new hobby or interest just by listening, without tiring one's eyes by staring at a computer screen. (I do enough of that in a day!) For example, I am inspired to subscribe to podcasts on cooking and documentary film making. Now I really want to purchase an iPod!
On the other hand, the idea of the hundreds of thousands of podcasts out there makes me feel even more behind given the millions of books, journals, newspapers and blogs I'm not keeping up with. Even so, listening to podcasts (on an iPod or other mobile device) can help me accomplish two goals by fitting more exercise and learning into each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment