Which start page did you choose? Why did that one appeal to you? Will you make it your permanent home page?
I chose iGoogle as my start page. I figured I've become so accustomed to Google interfaces such as Gmail, Google talk, Blogger, etc., that it would be easier for me to navigate. I was amazed by the speed of implementation - I had my desktop set up in approximately 1.2 seconds. I do not think I will make it my permanent home page for home or work.
Did you find a tool that has some uses for you at the library or at home? Which tool(s) would you recommend to others?
I used Ta-da Lists to create a "Things to do today" list and a "Things to do for dinner party" list. I like the fact that items can be re-ordered and checked off, and that the list can be shared publicly or with selected others. I think my mom would enjoy the Ta-da list making application. She enjoys making lists and using the computer, so I wonder if she would enjoy combining those two pastimes.
How can the online calendars be useful to you?
I was amazed to find that Google calendar can be synced with my Outlook calendar at work. This way, I could check my work calendar and even add to it from anywhere! I am a little wary of Google knowing all of my calendar events, however. I am especially wary since Google had already created a calendar for me and filled in certain events from trolling through my email.
Did you try out Backpack? What did you think?
I did not try Backpack, but I watched the introductory video. It seems slightly more functional than my Outlook calendar, but without email. Although, it can send email reminders about items in the Backpack, which is cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment