Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thing 18 - YouTube & Other Online Video



What did you like or dislike about the sites you explored?
First of all, I found the
library musical concept very amusing! That's one way to star in a musical!

The thing I like best about YouTube is the fact that I have access to so much historical video footage (television, concerts, etc.) that I missed by not being alive in the 60's and most of the 70's. For example, I enjoy watching performances by Ella Fitzgerald and other favorite jazz singers.


Why did you choose the video that you did?
I chose the Minnesota promotional video because I want my library school friends to come here for a visit and I'm trying to promote Minnesota to them as a vacation destination. There is no other "library" connection other than that, and the fact that our library is located in Roseville and the video was produced by the Roseville Area Visitors Association.


Can you see any ways to use video--YouTube or other sites--on your library Web site?

I think a library orientation video would be a helpful thing to embed in the library's website, especially if it were at least mildly amusing to watch. Having such a video in the website would allow patrons to become familiar with the library staff and services, and perhaps feel more comfortable coming to the library and utilizing the services.

No comments: