Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thing 5 - More Flickr Fun

Image hosted @ bighugelabs.com
Wow, it's a dog puzzle.

How can you use any of these tools in your library? Reading programs, posters promoting library events, librarian trading cards all come to mind as possibilities.
Our library does a fair amount of event promotion. We actually had a puzzle theme for last year's National Library Week events, and a puzzle generator might have been a handy tool to embellish our theme. Some of the other mashups, including the slideshow, could be added to our website as a way to share library photos. A moving slideshow might generate more interest in library events than clip art alone.

What do you think of sharing photos online?
I think it's nice if people want to share their photos with others. One thing I enjoy is looking at people's Flickr photos of places (mostly in Europe) that I'd like to visit. It's like taking a mini-vacation. My graduate school (in Canada) has a Flickr account where people upload photos from around campus. I occasionally enjoy looking at the
UWO photostream to see what's happening at my alma mater. Our library could start a similar Flickr account for people to upload their photos of library events, or just everyday life in the library.

J E S S coloured card disc letter i Bead Letter C card letter a

No comments: